We are hiring!
Seeking Part-Time Music Teacher at Columbus Jewish Day School
Seeking Music Teacher for elementary school. Knowledge and experience in music instruction required, particular experience with Jewish music a plus. Classes are held with each grade once a week and teaches students age-appropriate music skills in accordance with Ohio State Standards, as well as culturally appropriate music tied to the material being studied in class. The music teacher meets regularly with the classroom teachers to establish curricular connections between classroom and music. This position requires a background check, professional demeanor, and strong classroom management skills.
Title : Music Teacher
Reports to : Director of Teaching and Learning
Hours : Up to 20 hours a week available. Days and times can be discussed in the interview process
Pay : Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
Responsibilities include (not limited to) :
● Supervising students in and out of the classroom throughout the day.
● Lunch, recess, morning or dismissal duties as assigned.
● Developing lesson plans and curricular units appropriate for each grade level.
● Working with classroom teachers to connect projects and learning to what is being learned in the
classroom as well as the grade level essential question.
● Ordering, organizing and maintaining inventory of musical instruments and other class supplies.
● Participation in faculty meetings and professional development days.
● Completion of student progress reporting three times per year.
● Preparation for and participation in Arts Night in conjunction with the Related Arts teachers.
● Positively reflect and role model the mission and values of CJDS in all interactions.
● Prompt and thorough communication with colleagues and parents.
● Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
● BCI and FBI Background check.
Qualified applicants can email their resume and cover letter to Susannah Wolman at
PDF copy of posting here .