January 13, 2021
We are hiring!
CJDS is currently seeking Jewish Studies Teacher. Information on this position can be found here.
Jewish Studies Teacher
Seeking Elementary School Jewish Studies Teacher for a small, private school. Eligible candidates may discuss taking on the Jewish Studies Department Chair leadership position. Knowledge and experience in elementary classroom teaching a must, particular experience with Project Based Learning a plus. A person in this position will be expected to provide instruction of Hebrew, Classical and Modern Jewish Text Study, Jewish Experience (holidays, lifecycle and Israel) and Tefillah. Teachers at CJDS work with a partner teacher for their grade level and are expected to be a team player with all faculty and staff. Good communication skills with colleagues and parents are a must. Masters Degree in Jewish Studies or comparable education preferred. This position requires a background check, professional demeanor, and strong classroom management skills.
Title: Jewish Studies Teacher
Reports to: Jewish Studies Department Chair
Hours: Full-Time. 7:45-3:45 Monday-Thursday; 7:45-2:45 Fridays.
Pay: Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
Responsibilities include (not limited to):
● Design, detailed planning, and instruction of child-centered, age-appropriate curricula in Hebrew, Classical and Modern Jewish Text Study, Jewish Experience (holidays, lifecycle and Israel) and Tefillah with support of the Tal-Am Curriculum.
● Engage students in classical Jewish questions, texts, skills, and practice and demonstrate how they come together in joyful and inspiring ways.
● Supervising students within their classroom, hallway transitions and other areas of the school throughout the day.
● Collaborate with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in planning integrated units throughout the year.
● Consult with other teachers, other professional staff, and administrators in addressing instructional and/or classroom issues.
● Exhibit mastery in differentiating instruction for varied learners.
● Communicate regularly with parents, colleagues and administrators.
● Positively reflect and role model the mission and values of CJDS in all interactions.
● Prompt and thorough communication with colleagues and parents.
● Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
● BCI and FBI Background check.
Columbus Jewish Day School is a small private school located in New Albany, Ohio. Our mission is to develop in our students the intellectual sophistication, social responsibility, and personal authenticity they need to contribute creatively to Jewish and global life today and tomorrow.
Qualified applicants can email their resume and cover letter to Rachel Arcus-Goldberg at email@example.com .